Why is SC530 a Diagnostic Tool Specially Designed for Car Owners?
Every family may have one to three cars or even more nowadays. No one wants to pay much for diagnostic scanners for vehicles. Luckily, CGSULIT SC530 can clear your doubts when you have over one car. SC530 supports all-system diagnoses and provides 25+ special reset services and full OBD2 Modes. What's more, you can install five scan software on SC53O so that it can diagnose all your cars, which saves you money and time.
SC530 is designed user-friendly, making it easy to use even for people who don't know much about diagnostic tools.
SC530 auto scanner does not only support common service functions, it also provides bi-directional control/active test, and OE-level diagnosis for specific makes which may only be available on thousands-dollar high-end tablet automotive scan tools, such as it can activate or control a vehicle system or component, re-code control modules, and also gives you the ability to flash control module with new program data.
Full Systems Auto Scanner - OE-Level All-Around & In-depth Diagnosis
SC530 can help you easily access all electronic control systems such as Engine, Automatic Transmission, ABS, Airbag, Immobilizer, Climate Control, Fuel Pump Control Module, Fuel Injection Control Module, All-Wheel Drive Control, VG transfer case Module, Electronic Selector Module, Body Control Module, Digital Radio, Standard Radio, Drivers Door Module, HVAC, Instrument Cluster, Seat Memory Module, Theft Deterrent, Amplifier, Central Gateway, etc.
SC530 Provides 25+ Special Reset Services.
The SC530 vehicle scan tool has Battery Reset, Injector Coding, TPMS Service, Immobilizer Function, SRS(Airbag) Rest, EPB Service, Brake Deactivation, Oil Service Reset, Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) Calibration, DPF Regeneration, ABS Bleeding, BCM/SIR Setup, TPS/TBA (Throttle Body Alignment), etc.
SC530 Supports Full OBD2 Mode Functions.
The CGSULIT SC530 obd2 scanner can Read and Clear Codes, Live Data graphs, Records and Playbacks, Freeze Frame Data, get ECU Information, etc. Fast find out what the problem is and fix it. Save your money and time.
SC530 Hightlights:Active Tests/Bi-Directional Control.
Bi-directional diagnostic tests on vehicle systems and components. The tests let you use the auto scanner temporarily to activate or control a vehicle system or component, for example, you can use this car scanner to fold rear view mirrors, roll windows, open/close doors, and activate/deactivate brakes. When you exit the test, the system/component returns to normal operation.
Wide Range of Car Makes Supported and Get 1 Software for Free:
CGSULIT SC530 obd2 diagnostic tool is compatible with 1996-current models on most car makes, including the latest 2021/2022 models.
|BMW||BMW, MINI, Roll-Royce|
|Chrysler||Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge|
|Peugeot||Peugeot, Citroen, DS Automoblies|
|Ford||Ford, Lincoln, Mercury|
|GM||Buick, Chevrolet, Cadillac, GMC, Alphen, Daewoo, Ravon|
|Nissan||Nissan, Infiniti, Dfnissan, Dfcvenucia, Nissangtr|
|Toyota||Toyota, Lexus, Scion|
|VAG||VW, VW_commercial, Audi, Bently, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda|
|Aston Martin||Aston Martin|
|Benz||Benz, Maybach, Smart, Sprinter|
|Fiat||Fiat, Abarth, Alfa, Romeo, Lancia|
|Land Rover||Land Rover, Jaguar|
|Renault||Renault, Dacia, Samsung|
Download the software by yourself after receiving the package. (Ps: Just provide us the Serial Number and we will authorize the software to your device within 24 hours, then please connect your SC530 car scanner to “CGSULIT Update Assist” to download it, when complete the software will be available on your device).It will be updated automatically and completed in about 30 seconds - 2 minutes:
⚡Step 1: Enter CGSULIT service official website (https://cgsulit.com);
⚡Step 2: Click on the navigation bar "Download".
⚡Step 3: Select "SC530 Model" to download the CGSULIT Update Assist.
⚡Step 4: Connect the scanner to the PC via the USB Cable (in the box).
⚡Step 5: Select the software & language you need and click the "Update" button.
⚡Step 6: Select "Update" in the scanner, all done!
You can also purchase extra makes software and add them anytime: https://www.cgsulitstore.com/products/cgsulit-extra-software-for-sc530
What Special Service Functions Can SC530 Do for You?
- ABS Bleeding: Whenever you change a part of the brake system, you will need to bleed the brake system afterward. This means removing all the air in the system. Due to the air being compressible, it would make the brake pedal will feel soft. Once the brake pedal is soft and mushy, the air must be pushed out of the way before the fluid can do what it is supposed to do. This can be dangerous because it means that it will take longer to stop. Generally, bleeding brakes aren't too hard, but what if air gets in the ABS Module? Well, bleeding the ABS module can be a bit more of a challenge. You might need to take this tool to cycle the valves in the ABS module to let the air out.
- Throttle Adaptation: The throttle body is a tube containing a pivoting flat valve (butterfly) that is used to control the amount of air entering an engine. In an electronic fuel-injected car, a throttle position sensor and airflow sensor communicate with the computer, which supplies the corresponding amount of fuel needed at the injectors. It must need re-learning the throttle sensor position after clearing or repair.
- SAS Reset: Steering angle sensor calibration allows you to perform calibration of the steering angle sensor. It permanently stores the steering wheel position straight-ahead in the sensor EEPROM. After calibrating the sensor successfully, its fault memory will be automatically cleared.
- Oil Light Reset: SC530 offers help to reset the Oil Life Reminder (turn off the Oil Service Light) when the replacement of engine oil is done in case of the impurities in the oil may damage the engine. So vehicles can recalculate another optimal oil life change interval depending on the vehicle's driving conditions and climate. Your driving safety is also gets ensured.
- EPB Service: Reset the brake pad after the repairs in the electronic parking brake system, which includes deactivation and activation of the brake control system, bleeding brake fluid, opening and closing brake pads, and setting brakes after disc or pad replacement. Diagnoses EPB caliper functionality initializes the wear indicator if new pads are installed and deactivate or re-activates the brake control system. By using this function, the braking process is therefore made much simpler and easier.
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regeneration: This especially works for the Diesel Particulate Filter system with DPF regeneration, letting you perform the D-P-F cleaning to clear the blockage through continuous burning of the particulates captured in the D-P-F filter. When a D-P-F regeneration cycle is completed, the DPF light automatically goes off.
Clutch adaption, Windows/door, Turbo, Transmission Learn, Language change, CVT, GEAR Learning, TPMS Service, A/F Adjust, Seat Match, Odometer, Prime Fuel Pump, Headlamp reset, EVAP test, Change Tire size, Tcmoil and etc.
- Reading Codes: show the detailed description of the diagnostic trouble code, and support DTC lookup.
- Clear Codes: turns off the Check Engine Light (MIL), including clear all DTCs, ECU information, and freeze frame.
- Live Data: view and record real-time PID data from a selected vehicle electronic control module.
- I/M Readiness: view a snapshot of the operations for the emission system on OBDII/EOBD vehicles.
- O2 Monitor Test: retrieve completed O2 sensors monitor test results.
- On-Board Monitor Test: displays test results for Emission-Related power train components and systems that are and are not.
- Component Test: allows the code reader to control the operation of vehicle components, tests, or systems.
- Request Vehicle Information: to request the vehicle's VIN number, calibration lD(s), calibration verification numbers (CVN(s)), etc.
- Modules Present: identifies module IDs and communication protocols for OBD2 modules in the vehicle.
- DTC Lookup: to request DTC definitions stored in the code reader.
Graphic Data Display
Shows live data of vehicle ECU, sensors, and modules in text and graph formats. Support merges interactive live sensor graphs for easy and intuitive diagnosis.
The VIN number is provided by the ECM of the vehicle being tested, you can use the Smart Vin function to quickly and accurately identify your car without manually inputting it.
Lifetime Free Update and Print
Lifetime free updates and a one-year warranty, so you always have the latest bug fixes, new vehicle coverage, and newly added information and functions, and you can also connect to a computer at any time, share data, and even print data.
Note: About Compatibility
The vehicle's special functions & vehicle compatibility will vary in different years & models.
SC530 comes with only one free scan software, but it supports installing extra software anytime. If you have more cars, you only need to purchase the software here: CGSULIT SC530 Extra Software Authorization.
* CGSULIT SC530
* Diagnostic Cable
* USB Cable
* User Manual
* Warranty Card
* Portable Nylon Pouch
* Outer Carton
|Full OBD2/EOBD Functions||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Works On Brands||One Brand||Multiple Brands||Multiple Brands||Multiple Brands||Multiple Brands||Multiple Brands|
|Works On Systems||ALL||ALL||ALL||ABS, SAS, SRS, ENGINE||ENGINE||ENGINE|
|Active Test/Bidirectional Control||√||√|
*If you have any other questions,please contact with us.(firstname.lastname@example.org)
This review is for the SC530, for which I purchased on cgsulit's site and added software coverage for Mercedes, BMW, and VW/Audi. This review is independent—I paid for these units without any reimbursement. I am not a mechanic, in fact, I’m a psychotherapist for little kids, and a shade-tree enthusiast. It is an amazing time to be alive when so many GenZ and GenX people are ‘Makers’ and ‘Fixers’ and companies like CGSULIT are producing equipment to support that cultural shift!
Since the pros, far, far outweigh the cons--I'll start with the cons------
1. This is a text-based scanner. You have to click through lines of functions and options with mechanical buttons below the small low-definition screen. No touchscreen, not intuitive. Because of it’s basic-ness it only functions off of the car’s battery through the OBD port, when cycling power or unplugging, you will need to reboot the unit each time.
2. There is a basic required knowledge of mechanic-lingo, brand-specific lingo, and in the case of German cars—an ability to muddle-through the German language.
3. This is truly bi-direction —and with that, introduces risk for getting too deep with changes (unmarrying a transmission ECU with the unit, could cost a grand to tow to a dealer for reprogramming!). Beginners can use this—but don’t just mash buttons!
4. Software requires purchase for each cluster of makes. The SC530 always comes with one make of your choice, but if you add for instance, Mercedes/Maybach/Smart/Sprinter package—some makes are more, some are less. (Although it may surprise you, this is also listed as a pro below.
5. Though some features show as bi-directionally accessible through the car’s computer, in my experience, some of these features time-out and don’t actually function across-the-board. Since they update the software regularly, I think you can report functionality issues and hope for it to be addressed in future updates.
Now for the Pros------
1. True Bidirectional scanner. There are no sub $200 scanners---let me rephrase that--- there are no sub $600 scanners that have this feature. Bi-directionality is what makes working on European cars possible. Replace an injector in your 2013 Mercedes, it needs to be recoded—replace the battery in your 2007 7-series Bimmer—it needs to be registered. It is outrageous the simple shade-tree tasks that have to be done at a dealer because you don’t have OE-level Bi-directionality. This scanner is a freak—it literally should not have this capability at this price point. Search any enthusiast forum for Euro cars—this is essential kit from Porsche to Jaguar.
2. You purchase the software for each make (listed above as a Con as well) and own the support and updates for life. Let’s say you buy an Autel MP808k for $799.00. The Autel unit covers every make essentially for that price, it’s certainly bi-directional, more intuitive, touch screen, has internal batter, and about a hundred other benefits. Problem is—it’s about $350 each and every year to update the software—and you can’t just use outdated software to do most of the bi-directional functions like ECU coding or sensor relearning. The cgsulit SC530 is lifetime free updates, which is absolutely crazy and literally the only way to get this support for this price.
3. The cost. Although this is addressed in pro-1, I have to reemphasize the pricepoint. At sub$180, you should only be able to buy something better than a Pepboys code reader. I can’t emphasize enough that the SC530 should not exist with this price, upgradeability cost, or list of functions.
I have had this unit since June of 2020—at the time of this review, approaching two years. I have purchased the above-listed Autel and also an Ancel FX9000 within that timeframe. Those units certainly have benefits over the SC530—but I only consider the SC530 to be the essential scanner within this list.
I work in automotive repair service. Fir the last couple of years I have been using other products by CGSULIT that worked more than what I expected to. Therefore I decided to give this new product a try. Amazingly this convinient device can check ABS, airbag and few other parts exactly as my $1500 device does. Great purchase for the money!
This is a basic scanner but still has a lot of functions that many others do not.
The scanner is easy to set up and use and feels nice in you're hand.
The screen is clear and easy to read and the buttons have a good feel to them.
For the price this is my favorite basic scanner.
I have a 2011 Honda CR-V which I recently bought used with 106k miles on it. Ran great. Well-maintained. Solid Honda. During one oil change I thoroughly cleaned the throttle body since I had no idea when this had last been done and it's something I will do to all my vehicles usually at least once a year. In this case it caused subtle changes in it's driveability including AT shifting. Eventually the slightly higher idle speed and slight surging of the engine when braking to a stop were clues that it could all be traced back to a miscalibrated throttle position sensor and me learning that this recalibration needs to be done on Honda's 2.4L after anything is done with the throttle body. The solution is simple, either go to a honda dealer and pay them to use their Honda scan tool to reset the sensor or buy your own scan tool and do it yourself. And evidently this is the only consumer level scan tool that both interacts with Honda's and performs the throttle position sensor reset, as well as more generic engine diagnostics.
Once hooked up it took a while to find the correct menu but then it was quick and easy. After letting the car relearn idling for a few minutes everything was fixed: the check engine light for excessive idle speed was off, low speed application of throttle was noticeably smoother, no engine surging coming to stop, and better shifting, especially downshifting for acceleration. All this was tied to that throttle body sensor needing to be reset, which was easily done by this scan tool.
So it paid for itself because of not having to pay a dealer to do the same simple task, plus I plan to keep this CR-V for a while, and my other vehicle is also a late model Honda. It's just a little irritating that Honda's throttle sensor needs to be reset almost anytime the throttle body is worked on and the only way to do it is through a dealer's shop or with this particular scan tool loaded with Honda software. I think Honda could have come up a less restrictive method to address this rather easily incurred need to reset this sensor.
I’ve been enjoyed this OBD2 scanner tool it has big buttons easy to to push and find even if your hands are greasy just seems to be really well-made nice and rugged. It has all the important diagnostic setting I need, airbag, abs, etc, . I like the brand have used many times and they are well-made and good price point I would recommend this tool. Its abit bulky though. Good price point and I would recommend this tool.
This scanner is very easy to use. I like the way it feels in your hand. The OBD two cable has good length to it so you can sit back in your seat and still hold the scanner. You can scan through the codes with ease as the LED screen is a nice size. This scanner gives you one free vehicle accessibility with its purchase. The rest of the access to other brands must be purchased with is kind of a bummer. For the do it yourself or the scanner is OK. There are other scanners out there that don't restrict your access to brands when you purchase them which is preferable. But if you only need to use this on one brand of car then this is fine.
I’ve been looking for a code reader that would let me bleed the brakes on my Prius. I had a computer with a techstream on it before. That was a huge pain to set up and maintain. This is way easier and quicker. The directions for getting updates for your specific vehicle could be more clear. Had to go to the brand website and download software to my pc. Then download the code reader software updated via USB.
Still easier than setting up techstream, though.
If you own a Porsche with a few miles on it, I recommend getting this. It's a great tool to run diagnostics and check any system issues or fault codes.
The first unit I received had a corrupted flash drive and could not install the manufacturer software. I returned it for a replacement and got one that worked
*The display is easy to read and the menus are fairly easy to navigate
*The packaging, case, and cables are nice
*The buttons are stiff and LOUD. It's like the buttons on an aftermarket joystick for a game console back in the 80s.
Worked well for registering / coding new OEM Banner Battery to a 2017 Porsche Cayman S.
The menus are not as intuitive as on other scan tools, but not many have coverage for modern Porsche cars.
This is a MUST HAVE tool if you have a modern Porsche.
Dealer wanted over $825 for a battery change!
You MUST register the new Battery once installed otherwise you can damage the new battery and your alternator.