Youtube Auto Mechanic Scotty Kilmer Highly Recommended Brand.Best professional automotive diagnostic scanner SC880 under $400!
Upgrade version of CG680/ CG680 PRO/ SC850/ SC860/ NT680PRO/ NT644ELITE/ NT809/ ET6642
✅Have you ever had that annoying warning light still on your dashboard after you've cleared a fault code?
✅Are you annoyed by an expensive scanner that costs money to upgrade and download lots of software?
✅Do you want to diagnose plenty of car models and all systems with one device without the hassle of replacing many complex tools?
✅Do you want an easy and comfortable diagnostic experience without taking off your gloves in a greasy workplace?
There is an Affordable but Effective Way to solve all your doubts: No need to connect to Bluetooth/Wifi, OBD interface is plug and play! CGSULIT SC880 saves you a lot of time and money on vehicle diagnostics and maintenance, and easily turns off all annoying warning lights on the dashboard!
Professional car diagnostic tool SC880 is designed for car repair shop owners, professional mechanics, and DIYer enthusiasts looking for fast and accurate diagnosis. Find vehicle problems easily in 3 minutes!
With the latest Auto VIN technology, it can automatically identify the vehicle’s make, model, and year information quickly and easily with one-key VIN reading.
Note: Auto VIN is not available for all cars, it depends on the car system, you can also manually input the vehicle information.
① Smart Auto VIN>>② Scan ECU information>>③ Full System Diagnosis
25+ Special Reset Service
SC880 auto scanner supports 25+ most frequently used hot functions/basic services to meet your daily maintenance needs, enhance your car's performance, save energy and reduce emissions.
- Oil Service Light Reset: When you are alerted that your vehicle is due for a service. It allows you to perform reset for a new calculation of the engine oil life system once changed the oil.
- EPB: Electronic Parking Brake. Required for the maintenance of the electronic braking system's safety and efficiency. Deactivating and activating the brake control system, assisting with brake fluid control, opening and closing brake pads, and setting brakes after disc or pad replacement.
- SAS Calibration: Helps clear the fault steering angle sensor memories and plays an important role in the steering angle sensor calibration.
- BRT: Battery Reset. Evaluate the battery charge state, monitor the close-circuit current, register the new battery replacement, and activate the rest state of the vehicle battery system. Clear faults from the dashboard.
- DPF Regeneration: This especially works for the Diesel Particulate Filter system with DPF regeneration, letting you perform the D-P-F cleaning to clear the blockage through continuous burning of the particulates captured in the D-P-F filter. When a D-P-F regeneration cycle is completed, the DPF light automatically goes off.
- TPMS: Tire Pressure Monitoring System Service. It allows you to check the tire sensor IDs from the vehicle ECU to perform TPMS programming and reset after tires and/or TPMS sensors are replaced and/or tires are rotated.
- TBA/TPS: Using the throttle position sensors in the throttle body, the ECU learns the full open and full closed positions through various states (idle, part throttle, WOT) known as a Throttle Body Alignment (TBA). The vehicle's Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) is connected to the butterfly spindle and is primarily used to monitor the throttle position within an inner combustion engine. Due to its location, the throttle position sensor is able to effectively observe where the throttle butterfly valve is positioned.
- ABS Bleeding: When the ABS contains air, the ABS bleeding function must be performed to bleed the brake system to restore ABS brake sensitivity.
- Injector Coding: Write the injector actual code or rewrite code in the ECU to the injector code of the corresponding cylinder so as to more accurately control or correct cylinder injection quantity.
- Prime Fuel Pump: During fuel system service, for example changing a fuel filter or when the system is opened, the air is introduced into the system. This can cause hard-to-start issues. The Fuel pump prime command allows to pumping to be run to bleed the system.
- SRS: Supplemental restraint system. Air Bag Reset. After diagnosing on airbag system errors in the event of a crash or during regular maintenance, it promptly erases fault codes and takes corrective actions to ensure the airbag system functions normally.
- CVT: Continuous Variable Transmission, this function is used to reset the compensation code and initialize the ECT after a solenoid valve or valve body assembly has been replaced.
- GEAR Learning: The crankshaft position sensor learns crankshaft tooth machining tolerance and save to the computer to more accurately diagnose engine misfires. After the engine ECU, crankshaft position sensor, or crankshaft flywheel is replaced, or the DTC 'tooth not learned' is present, tooth learning must be performed.
- A/F Adjust: Command allows the ECU to relearn these values to meet the ideal air-fuel ratios after service, to ensure the best engine performance.
- Seat Match: A memory seat is essentially an electrically-adjustable car seat which can be moved into pre-set positions at the push of a button. As a result of the removal of the DCC fuse, the "driving position memory" function of the driver and passenger side seat will be inoperative due to the loss of seat.
- Odometer Reset: It can help you to revise the date of the odometer and write the original date into the new odometer.
- More functions such as EVAP test (Evaporative Emission Control System), Clutch adaption, Windows/Door, Turbo, Change Tire size, Transmission Learn, Language change, Headlamp reset, Tcmoil and etc.
Enhanced OBD2 Scanner
CGSULIT SC880 automotive scan tool supports full OBDII diagnostic functions for the engine system that a popular OBD2 fault code reader has.
- Retrieve vehicle information: Retrieve the information such as VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), CID (Calibration ID) and CVN (Calibration verification number), etc.
- Monitor I/M readiness: Displays whether various emissions-related systems on the vehicle are functioning properly and ready for inspection and maintenance testing.
- O2 Monitor Test: Allows retrieval and viewing of the O2 sensor monitor test results from the vehicle’s on-board computer.
- Read and clear fault codes: Display diagnostic fault codes (DTCs) after scanning the vehicle, then turns off Check Engine Light (MIL), including clearing all DTCs, freeze frame data and ECU information.
- Modules Present: Identifies module IDs and communication protocols for OBD2 modules in the vehicle.
- On-board monitor Test: Retrieves and displays test results for emission-related powertrain components and systems.
- Component test(EVAP Test): Test the operability of components, certain vehicle components allow operation via commands from car scanner.
- DTC lookup: 8000+ Trouble Codes Lookup Library. Easy for DIY and Auto Repair Shop to define the codes for simplifying the analysis and repair process without having to search online to find out why this code appears.
- View, record and playback live data graphs: View, record and playback the information of continuous data stream(waveform) from vehicle for more accurate fault detection. Shows live data of vehicle ECU, sensors, modules in text and graph formats, allows you to view two graphs simultaneously and merge them in one graph to compare for easy and intuitive diagnosis.
80+ US, Asia, European Worldwide Car Makes Coverage(1000+ car models)
The professional SC880 diagnostic scanner covers both OBD1, OBD2, and EOBD vehicles, compatible with 1995/1996 to the latest 2021/2022 cars, SUVs, Pickups, 12V light trucks/diesels and some GM motor home!
Note: Not available for new energy electric vehicles (EV/HEV/PHEV)
For Acura, Dawoo, Honda, Hyundai, Isuzu, Infiniti, KIA, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Perodua, Proton, SsangYong, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota.
For Audi, Abarth, Alfa-Romeo, Aston Martin, BMW, Bentley, Bugatti, Citroen, Dacia, EU Ford, Ferrari, Fiat, Jaguar, Lamborghini, LANCIA, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Maserati, Maybach, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, SAAB, Smart, Seat, Skoda, Sprinter, VW, VW_cv, Vauxhall, Volvo.
For Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, GM (including Brazilian car maker), Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick
Multilingual Support of 16+ Languages
English, Spanish, Russian, French, Japanese, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Greek, Korean and more languages updatable.
Lifetime Free Update & 1 Year Warranty
CGSULIT SC880 auto scanner is lifetime free update that ensures you always get the latest car software to improve its capability and coverage continuously.
* SC880 Main Unit
* Diagnostic Cable
* Carring Case
* Warranty Card
* User Manual
* USB Cable
List of cars supported by special functions:
ABS/SRS Service: For AU Ford, Acura, Dawoo, Honda, Holden, Hyundai, Isuzu, Infiniti, KIA, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Perodua, Proton, SsangYong, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Audi, Abarth, Alfa, Aston Martin, BMW, Bentley, Bugatti, Citroen, Dacia, Eu Ford, Ferrari, Fiat, Jaguar, Lamborghini, LANCIA, Landrover, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Maserati, Maybach, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, SAAB, Smart, Seat, Skoda, Sprinter, VW, VW_cv, Vauxhall, Volvo, Chrysler, Ford, GM
Oil Service Light Reset: For Abarth, Acura, Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Chrysler, Citroen, Dacia, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, GM, Holden, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Kia, Lancia, Land Rover, Lexus, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Rolls-Royce, Saab, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Sprinter, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Volvo
EPB: For Acura, Audi, Bentley, Citroen, EU Ford, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, KIA, Landrover, Lexus, Maybach, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Roewe, for Renault, SAAB, Scion, Skoda, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Volvo, Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Daewoo, Fiat, Ferrari, Luxgen, Maserati, Rolls-Roye, Subaru, Seat
BRT: For Audi, BMW, Citroen, Ford, Holden, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Seat, Skoda, Toyota, Volvo, VW
TBA/TPS: For Acura, Audi, BYD, BMW, Brilliance, Chery, Citroen, Daewoo, Ford, Geely, GM, Grea-Wall, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, JAC, KIA, Landrover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, SAAB, Seat, Skoda, Toyota, VW
SAS: For YQ Toyota, DF Nissan, YQ Mazda, Changan Ford, SH VW, YQ VW, HC BMW, DF Yueda, Great wall, Haima, Fawcar, Geely, Xinxianag, DFPV, DFFX, JAC, BJXD, BYD, Acura, Daihatsu, Daewoo, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, KIA, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, Audi, BMW, Citroen, Dacia, Ferrari, Jaguar, Landrover, LANCIA, Maserati, Maybach, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Romeo, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Vauxhall, Volvo, VW, Chrysler, Ford, GM
DPF: For Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Citroen, Daewoo, Fiat, GM, Holden, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, KIA, LandRover, LANCIA, Lexus, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Subaru, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volvo, VW
TPMS: For Acura, Audi, Benz, BMW, Chrysler, Citroen, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford, Holden, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, KIA, LANCIA, landrover, Lexus, Maserati, Mazda, MINI, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Subaru, Toyota, Volvo, VW
Injector Coding: For Acura, Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Citroen, Fiat, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, KIA, LANCIA, LandRover, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Romeo, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Sprinter, Subaru, Toyota, Volvo, VW
Odometer Reset: For Abarth, Acura, Alfa , Chrysler,Dodge, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeep, Lancia, Land Rover, Mazda, Nissan, Opel, Suzuki, Vauxhall, Volvo
Prime Fuel Pump: For Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Seat, Skoda, VW, updatable for more cars
CVT: For Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, updatable for more cars
GEAR Learning: For Delphi-EOBD, GM, updatable for more cars
A/F Adjust: For Ford, for VW, updatable for more cars
Seat Match: For Landrover, Jaguar, updatable for more cars
Clutch adaptation: For Landrover, Jaguar, updatable for more cars
Language Change: For Peugeot, updatable for more cars
Windows & door: For Landrover, Jaguar, updatable for more cars
Turbo: For Landrover, Jaguar, updatable for more cars
Headlamp: For Landrover, Jaguar, updatable for more cars
Takes a little time to get to know the device it has a onscreen keyboard an will connect to the internet an it read a code an give you an understanding of what check engine codes mean good device an value
This scanner can not only diagnose the code warnings that your car is putting out, but it can also reset them after you have addressed the issue. Yes, I can take 15 minutes to reset the new oil level through my steering wheel maintenance menu on my Honda Pilot which is a pain to do, or I can do it with this scanner in 30 seconds or less! The SC880 scanner not only tells you the codes, but it has dummy proofed it for beginners and explains to you the problem. Then if you press the question mark it will tell you if a professional needs to fix it, or if you can do it and then gives you links.
This scanner offers 25 different service functions, along with lifetime free upgrades for the software. This all system diagnostic scanner can check your ABS brakes, your engine, your air bags, your transmission, your chassis system, your electronic braking system, your tire pressure monitoring system, the steering, the AC, the brake assist, as well as battery management systems. Most other scanners don't even give you half of theses functions. This scanner can solve 99.5% of all your vehicles problems, which helps you to make an educated decision.
It gives you a real time data graph that shows exactly what the engine is doing, it offers one-click auto vin so the OBD2 knows exactly the vehicle it is dealing with. You can read codes, erase codes, test and diagnose all with this scanner. It can even tell you if you are going to pass the smog test. This scanner is for both the professional and the novice. It's LED display is straightforward and easy to manage.
The build quality is exceptional on this scanner. Many other scanners out on the market charge you to upgrade the software, but like I said earlier they have included free upgrades. You do not need Blue Tooth or WiFi because the scanner is plug and play. This scanner can turn off annoying warning lights that continue to go off after it's fixed on your dash, which is a requirement during an emissions test.
The scanner also allows you to reset the ABS pressure when bleeding the brakes and getting all the excess air out of them. You can read your transmission temperature in real time and know if an ejector is going out. In all honesty, unless you are a mechanic you will not need this every day, but you will need this from time to time. This is an investment that will last for years, and I highly recommend it!
Takes a little time to get to know the device it has a onscreen keyboard an will connect to the internet an it read a code an give you an understanding of what check engine codes mean good device an value
• Packaging: The SC880 case is wrapped in a clear plastic bag with printed product information around the case. The case itself is made of somewhat thin plastic, but that’s good because it makes the whole thing lightweight and highly portable. The latches on the case are secure.
• Ease of use: Very easy and straightforward to connect to the car or computer. The controls are simple. The hardest part is finding your car’s OBD port. Do note that while the SC880 will power on if you connect it to your car while it’s off. However, you won’t be able to get any kind of diagnostic information or even the VIN when your engine isn’t running. So, make sure to ignite your engine before using the SC880.
The SC880 was able to tell me my VIN number automatically but beyond that there was trouble. After obtaining my VIN the SC880, the prompted me to do a quick system scan. This is the message I got.
“The vehicle program is not authorized. Please obtain the authorization!”
In other words, the SC880 refused to scan a 2016 Mazda CX-5 GT.
• Verdict: If your car is supported, a decent tool.
I have used this product on a 2015 Chevrolet Cruze and a 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer. I have only used it to read codes. I have not used it for diagnostics while the engine was running. (That's a little beyond my knowledge and capability). Once I have a code, I research h forums to narrow down the issue. I purchased this OBD reader because of the price and simplicity. I am overall satisfied with what I purchased it for and would recommend to anyone who has the intention of simply reading codes.
There are groups of these tools available - cheap sub-$50 units that are good for reading and clearing codes, but not much more, the expensive $1000+ units that are meant for professionals, and then devices like this one that fit right in the middle. This device will read and reset codes, but it will also look up the code for you using it’s own database of make-specific codes. This saves you having to reach for your phone to look up an obscure code. These units also typically provide more info like live data from the ECU (engine RPM, fuel flow, etc) which can be helpful in diagnosing problems.
I am very pleased to have several of these devices to try out that are a level above the capabilities of the cheaper units. So far, I haven’t found a favorite - they all have features that separate them from each other and from other models in the product lineup.
If you work 0n cars much, for yourself or others, these mid-level scan tools are a great investment.
I own several OBD2 scanners / diagnostic tools. I work in the powersports industry (motorcycles, ATV, UTV, etc.) and similar type tools we use cost many times more than this one and most have less functionality.
As I've said in a previous review, if you are an auto technician or even just a do-it-yourself person and have a modern day vehicle then a OBD2 scanner / diagnostic tool is a must. There are lots of brands and models available for purchase that range from super cheap to rather expensive and as you go up in price you usually get more functionality you get.
An inexpensive OBD2 scanner will most likely have a low-resolution screen and just scan for DTC codes and offer no definitions of the codes. Also cheaper scanners will most likely not have a live data stream and will not have any recording capabilities. These budget scanners also may not offer updates and could possibly not work with later model vehicles.
More expensive OBD2 Scanner / Diagnostic Tools like this one have higher-resolution color screens, offer code DTC definitions, are updatable, and perform more functions than just reading and erasing DTC codes such as allow you to view live data streams an even take snapshots and record this data for later playback.
I purchased CGSULIT SC880 OBD2 Scanner / Diagnostic Tool because of the higher-resolution screen, built-in code DTC definitions, and because it is updatable through their website (free update for life). It also gives you live data readings for most of the OBD2 monitored systems on your vehicle, and it has the ability to capture and record streaming data, and you can reset many of the systems and fault codes using this tool. I also like that it came with a nice hard case.
I've only used this OBD2 scanner / diagnostic tool for a little while but so far I like it. The tool is easy to hold and navigation and selection buttons are well laid out and rubberized making navigation easy even when wearing mechanics gloves. The screen is clear and easy to read with information screens that are logically laid out and easy to navigate. Plus the wealth of information that this scanner/diagnostic tool reads and the functions it performs is incredible, especially considering the price.
This is a very easy to use and worthwhile scan tool. It will pay for itself the first time you use it. I have two vehicles - a 2003 and a 2005. One checked out beautifully, and the other has a vacuum leak that the reader displayed immediately in the I/M section, even though no DTCs were active. Further examination by looking at other parameters (such as LTFT, etc.) supported that indicator.
Great product! I don't know why people are complaining that the car scanning device is hard to use and doesn't come with instructions. I received the scanner the next day. It came in a nice box WITH instructions and a website link to download the full scanner manual. The scanner was super easy to use (and this is coming from a female) without reading the instructions (yep, I am impatient and didn't bother with the instructions). The device quickly read my car information and confirmed that I had an issue with my gas cap (I had previously gone to an auto parts store to use their free scanner). I bought a new gas cap. Cleared the error code with the scanner and then drove around for a few days to see if the error code appeared again. The check engine light did not come on and the scanner saved me over $150 if I had taken it to the dealership. The scanner has already paid for itself. I highly recommend this product.
This has a nice rubber texture. It feels good to hold it. I like how easy it is to connect to my car. All the menu options are available unlike my DN606 code reader .
I own several cars. All but my classic American muscle car are supported. Not being a mechanic I appreciate being able to understand better how my car works by using this and looking up new information on the internet. A check engine light can mean so many things. This code reader ends frustrating mysteries. It is useful to have.
What secrets is your car keeping from you? Want to see performance stats in a graph? This is for you. It is heavier than it looks. About half a kilo. The dramatic typos are mostly in one place. The back key works but does not pass the self test mode. An RJ45 port is indicated but under the cover there isn't one. It is not advertised to exist.
This is not battery powered. This is usb-mini powered at 5 volts. The manual mentions a 12 volt option but I don't see how to use that.
None of the functions can be explored until the obd is connected :(